Saturday, October 07, 2006

Beantown

Today I visited Boston for the first time, and must say it is a great city. While it doesn't have quite the energy of New York, it more than makes up for it in charm. At lunchtime, it was time to decide where to eat and we settled on a cute neighborhood spot, The Paramount. While not quite the atmosphere I had in mind, the incredible line inside was magnetic. This place was packed! I overheard someone in the line talk about the omelets and pancakes, and although I really wasn't in the mood for that, one look at the food on the tables in the restaurant and my meal was chosen. Fifty minutes later in line (I wasn't kidding about it being packed!), I was savoring possibly the best omelet I have ever eaten and definitely the best pancakes known to man. The omelet was tomato, basil and mozzarella, and the pancakes were buttermilk. The omelet had fresh cheese it in that made the plate a little watery, but when I tasted it, I could not have been more pleased. And let's just take a minute to honor those pancakes. There was something uniquely flavorable about them...Cinnamon, I suspect. Once we slathered them in warm melted butter and real maple syrup, there was no doubting we had made a good choice. And while I enjoyed my unexpectedly delicious lunch, I remarked to myself about my newest travel tip - eavesdropping has its rewards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home