Monday, May 19, 2008

Fan Favorites

I was recently at a barbecue and brought an easy pasta salad with white beans and artichokes. It was tasty for sure, but also a cinch to make. I noticed a few people talking about it, asking, "Who made the pasta salad? Are those artichokes? This is delicious." It occurred to me just how much food can prop you up. I am not talking about depressed moments in which comfort food is sought to sooth, but genuine confidence boosters from its creation. I left the party feeling great, wine intake aside. It was like leaving a salon with your hair bouncing from a fresh blow-out. Those few whispers made me glow from within. With little effort, I had created a real crowd-pleaser, and that pleased me. Go ahead and try it. Cook something spectacular and let the crowd move you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home