Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tried and True?

Let's talk for a minute about repeating the tried and true or branching out to untested territories. On my latest trip to Boston, after savoring simply scrumptious pancakes at a neighborhood restaurant (detailed below), I faced that very critical indecision: do I go back the next day to enjoy one last moment of pancake bliss or do I reach beyond what I know and try something new. For sure, restaurants are not hard to come by in Beantown and each one is cuter than the next, so my options for another superb experience were within easy reach...but my mouth watered for one last bite of the fluffy golden cakes I had one short day ago. The decision not an easy one, and particularly difficult when visiting a city where your days [and meals therein] are limited. In most cases, I would have let my adventurous spirit flow and relish in all that the city had to offer, but all that walking required some serious carb replenishment. So who won in the end? Me, of course. And the pancakes once again reigned supreme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home