Thursday, June 19, 2008

When Inspiration Moves

You know the feeling when you are sitting at a computer trying to focus on some work, but all you get is nothing? Yet other times, ideas are rolling, work is engaging, and it is as if the planet Saturn is in whatever house it is supposed to be in for creative energy to flow. I try my best to take advantage of inspiration, and practice it in all areas of my life from work, to house cleaning, shopping, and even cooking. This ebb and flow is not to be confused with temporary dissatisfaction or lack of passion. Our lives are full of so many components that at various times, one or another piece needs to take center stage, and sometimes we just need to rest. When I hit a dull moment in the kitchen, I opt for easy meals that have some shelf life, like a bean salad that I can eat for a few days, make something classic, like tuna on wheat or a PB&J, or I pull something out of the freezer and reheat, like a soup that I made a few weeks back. After all, that soup is probably a remnant of when inspiration moved me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home