Sunday, October 29, 2006

Flavors of the West...Coast that is.

Over the last week, I have eaten so much food that my stomach seems to be somewhat permanently distended. With so much nourishment, I could not even begin to think about "cravings", so I am writing unselfishly to help satisfy yours : ) While balance and eating in moderation are principles I live by, there are times when you just have to break the rules. Having flown across the country, I felt it was my obligation to sample as many flavors as possible since my next trip on the west coast would likely not be for some time. Hands down, our best lunch was at Mustards in Napa Valley. The place is elegant, but casual at the same time, so you can stroll in straight from sampling the local vino. They have classics such as ribs and burgers as well as sophisticated entrees such as goat cheese and sage raviolis (we had them, and they were delish!). The best dinner I had was at Cafe la Haye in Sonoma. I had the cauliflower soup and the halibut special and was so happy I wanted to dance back to our hotel. While it was a long flight out West, it was well worth the trip. Wine country not only has beverages abound, but has outstanding food to back it up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing u alwasy have on your dancing shoes!!!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger bakerslady said...

Yes, dancing shoes are a must, especially when sampling fine foods. Sometimes a bite of something exquisite will set off a whole routine. This can be embarrassing, so I like to be prepared with at least the right accessories ; )

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home