Friday, July 27, 2007

Food TV

OK, so I am mildly obsessed. I have been watching cooking shows since I was about 5 years old. Even then, with Julia Child hunched over a mixing bowl, I was enamoured. I would watch and learn, and then pretend I was her, only without the accent and with slightly better posture. I loved the way the finished product was waiting in the oven, and really appreciated the preparation that went into having each stage ready to swap out. Through food media, I have learned a ton - like how to make my own buttercream, appreciate new ingredients, and roast a killer turkey for Thanksgiving. So while Amy reigns as the new Food Network Star and the battle for the Top Chef title ensues, I will continue to be my own culinary queen and hopefully encourage you to be one too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home